Pages

Apr 13, 2011

45: A Tribute to Randy Stout and Other Great Dads

Randy Stout, a great friend, died yesterday from a major heart attack. Aaron is his son and a very good friend of mine.
Stout family, you are in my prayers. Randy, you will be missed.
I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and purpose for Randy. Having an eternal perspective helps so much in coping with the death of a loved one.

I can't help but think of what if that happened to my dad. Randy was only 45 years old.

45

My dad turns 49 this year. What if?
What if tomorrow is my last day with my dad?

I want him to take me on another motorcycle ride.
I want to eat ice cream and burned cookies dipped in milk with him.
I want to go for another 7 hour drive like we did four Christmases ago.
I want another father's blessing.
I want him to kiss me on my forehead and tell me goodnight like he's done since I was a little girl.

Of all the great memories I have had with my dad, those were the best. I want to do that again with you, Dad.
I love you.


P.S. Dad, sorry I exploited your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment