Pages

Jul 20, 2010

Yuba Lake 2010

My singles ward went to Yuba Lake July 15-17, it was such a blast! Great boating all day, great food (thanks Steve, Jan, and Krissy), and great friends to spend time with. I drove down Friday and Saturday morning and left in the afternoon on each day. Saturday my dad and I drove down together on his Harley, so fun! Then we stayed to help pack up the site, we ended up being the last people to leave the lake.
I don't have any pictures of me wakeboarding on my camera. Friday I tried to do a "Hang-10" on the wakeboard. For those of you who do not know what this trick is, let me explain... A "Hang-10" is where the person on the board stands at the very front tip of the board and rides behind the boat. To do this trick on a wakeboard most people start with their feet out of the bindings and then walk to the front of the board. However, my feet are small and most bindings on the boards I use are quite big, so I tried to slip my feet out of the bindings and then walk to the front. I had my right foot free and I was working on my left foot, I was nervous because I didn't want to fall with one foot still in the bindings risking serious knee injury. Well, my left foot couldn't get out and I fell. No worries, my left knee twisted funky in the water, but the moment I stood up all was well. Now I just have a bruise on the side of my knee and it pops more than normal.
That turned out to be a longer story than intended...
Here are the pictures!

I got my first ticket on the way down there. I'm still a little peeved about it.


 



It was so hot while we were cleaning up so we would do some stuff, jump in the water, do some more stuff, and jump in the water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment