Pages

Apr 3, 2012

Daughters of God Project

I'm doing a new project, not for school or work, but because I want to. Please see the details of the project at www.daughtersofgodproject.blogspot.com. Details can be seen in the "About" tab.

I posted the Introduction, shared it to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and I keep checking back at the stats. My heart is full that people are viewing the blog. I really want this project to reach as many people as possible, but I can't do this on my own. I need as much help with this as I can get. Only a handful of people follow this blog, but if I may, I'd like to ask each of you for help. Please link to this blog, share it with your friends, your family, your cousins, your relief societies, your book clubs, anyone! If this project could be posted in a room in Salt Lake City as a gallery-type of view, it would be such a blessing. It would be a great blessing because I know that sharing, listening to, and reading testimonies can only strengthen your own testimony.

Not many women know their true value as a daughter of God, not many men know of their true worth either. I strongly believe that this project can reach out to those people and strengthen them.

Something I didn't mention on Daughters of God blog is how this idea formed, and I'd like to share that here.

Back in the fall of last year (2011) I was attending a barnside (much like a fireside, only held at the bishop's barn/lodge) with my Alpine singles ward. We were listening to a woman tell us of how to love and appreciate the bodies we've been given, without loving ourselves too much (a topic for a much longer blog post). At the end of her presentation she showed us a video of women, happy women. While watching this video I had a strong impression to do a personal project about women of all ages not only know who they are, but whose they are--being that they know they are daughters of an all loving Father in Heaven.

And here we are now. So please, follow and share the Daughters of God blog with the people you know so that testimonies can be shared and strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment