Pages

Jan 28, 2012

The Droubay Family

Some facts about us . . .
We were all born into the LDS church and love it. My mom is the second youngest of eight, born in '66 (and she looks like she's 29). My dad is the second youngest of five, born in '62 (and gloats my mom every chance he gets). My parents met on a blind date, and my mom was not impressed. But somehow my dad won her over. When they got married in '86 they lived in Erda, Utah. My brother Skyler was born in '88, and I was born in '90. In '91 we moved to Grantsville, Utah, which is where my mom grew up. We moved to Alpine, Utah, at the end of '99 and have been here ever since. We LOVE it here, our neighbors are good, and we live next door to one of my mom's sisters and her small family.

Fun facts . . .
To put it simply, the Droubay family is a simple family. We enjoy each others' company. We like playing card games that aren't too complicated (or are, some people just take a little more time than ever necessary). We play jokes on each other--such as placing an Austin Powers cardboard stand-up around the house to get someone to jump a few feet in the air out of fright.
No one makes us laugh harder than each other. Skyler can make anyone laugh their socks off on a whim regardless of how well he knows them. My dad is quite the jokester; he has a creative mind that, most of the time, can get people rolling with laughter. I'm the prankster; if you had food on your fork or salsa on your chip, I'm the one who will knock it off before you take a bite. My mom is the witty one; she is the first to think of our jokes before we can say them. Caitlin (Skyler's wife) is the one who will say a joke under her breath just to get those right next to her laughing out loud.
The Droubay family is tightly knit. We will defend and stand up for each other to the death.
Needless to say, we love each other very much.



Photography done by Yan Photo

1 comment: