Pages

May 2, 2008

When it's time to party, we will party hard

Today was a very relaxed day. First I worked on a half time for the sophomore cheerleaders, then went to the beach, got ready for the day, packed, walked around and saw a sea turtle (neat), got a Strawberry Daiquiri, and came back to the room. We leave tonight. I'll be flying first class baby, sweet.


At the beach it was very, very hot. The sun was hot. The weather was just perfect! About 80*F. But the sun was roasting my body like a hot dog about to be eaten by angry savages. The back of my hands got burned. They seriously kill. Okay, not seriously.

Last night I met this cute guy. He's 51 weeks exactly younger than me. Lame-man's terms: he turned 17 one week before I turned 18. I didn't calculate the 51 by the way. There's 52 weeks in 1 year, minus 1 week and you get 51 weeks. Simple math really. ANYWAYS.. I thought he was quite fun to talk to. He's a good listener and a good talker, both very good qualities for a guy. I put my number under his hotel room door. He hasn't text or anything yet though, so I don't know if he has got it yet or not. I want to talk to him again just because he was super nice to talk to!



Men/women: be a good listener and a good talker. If the girl/guy starts to say something, shutup. If you need to say something while she/he was talking, don't interrupt rudely; instead say something to the effect of 'hold that thought for 2 seconds' do what you need, then ask her/him to continue with the conversation by reminding her/him of where she/he was by saying the last couple words she/he had said, or by asking 'now, where were we?' Stay on subject; if you have to change the subject say something like 'this is completely random, but..' or by having a conversation conjunction. A conversation conjunction is something that will connect 2 different subjects for a conversation (i.e. Hey, so, anyways, [saying person's name], etc.) Understood? Good. If you have any questions, please ask me.



Last night Jeff asked me what I have waiting back home for me. I had to think about this for a few minutes. I don't have much waiting for me at home. My brother is in England, my friends don't need me back for anything, my wonderful dog Tyke died a year and 1/2 ago, and cheer is over so the squad doesn't need to count on me anymore. I really don't have much back home. But I do have my cousins Lindsay and Kayla.

My bed and pillows have been calling my name all trip.

I have a seminary class that I have missed seeing.

And I miss my home.

Home really is where peace, heart, and love is.

I need to go to the airport now. I'm coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment